The Development of a Pervasive Collaborative LMS 2.0
Ching-Jung Liao, Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan ; Jin-Tan Yang, Ming Chuan University, Taiwan
E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Vancouver, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-76-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
In this study, we propose a collaborative learning management system toward the Pervasive Learning 2.0 (PCLMS2) which conform to the concepts of e-Learning 2.0 and Mobile Learning 2.0 and developed by Rich Internet Applications (RIA) technology. PCLMS2 is learner-centered and learner-guided, which also provides diverse collaborative learning environment and multimedia interactive interface. The user interface is easy to use, remember, and learn. RIA technology can integrate the tools of collaborative learning in effective way. Learners can access the single portal to utilize not only the interaction mechanism such as video conference and electronic board, but also the Web2.0 services of Blog, Wiki, etc. Users can access PCLMS2 by using PC, Laptop, PDA, or smart phone. PCLMS2 hopes to eliminate the difficulties of implementing collaborative learning and raises the efficiency of learning.
Liao, C.J. & Yang, J.T. (2009). The Development of a Pervasive Collaborative LMS 2.0. In T. Bastiaens, J. Dron & C. Xin (Eds.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2009--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 3538-3545). Vancouver, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 23, 2023 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/32996/.
© 2009 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
ReferencesView References & Citations Map
- Barros, B., Verdejo, M.F., Read, T. & Mizoguchi. R. (2002), Applications of a Collaborative Learning
- Carr, B. (2008), Video Annotation System and Formative Assessment Tool Using Flash Media Server. Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2008, (pp. 2155-2157). Vienna, Austria.
- Carr, B., Roth, A., & Oris, J. (2008). Teaching Sustainable Yield Concepts using Flash Media Server and Adobe Flex. Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2008, (pp. 5568-5571). Vienna, Austria.
- Comai, S., Preciado, J.C., Linaje, M., Morales, R. & Sánchez, F. (2007), An e-Learning Collaborative RIA Environment for Web Application Modeling and Code Generation, Proceedings of 18th International Conference Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA '07), Sep. 3-7, (pp. 638-642). Regensburg,
- Fucks-Kittowski, F., Köhler, A. & Fuhr, D. (2004), Roughing up Processes the wiki Way– Knowledge Communities in the Context of Work and Learning Processes, Proceedings of I-Know’04, June 30-July 2, (pp. 484-493). Graz, Austria.
- Kanselaar, G., Erkens, G., Jaspers, J. & Schijf, H. (2001), Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, Teaching and Teacher Education, 17(1), (pp. 123-129).
- Karrer, T. (2006), eLearning Technology: What is eLearning 2.0?. Http://elearningtech.blogspot.com/2006/02/what-is-elearning-20.html
- Lesser, B., Guilizzoni, G., Reinhardt, R., Lott, J., & Watkins, J. (2005), Programming Flash Communication Server, O'Reilly Press.
- Lowyck, J. & Poysa, J. (2001), Design of Collaborative Learning Environments, Computer in Human Behavior, 17(5), (pp. 507-516).
- Puntambekar, S. (2006), Analyzing Collaborative Interactions: Divergence, Shared Understanding and Construction of Knowledge, Computers& Education, 47(3), (pp. 332-351).
- Roblyer, M.D. (2005), Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching, Fourth Edition, Prentice Hall.
- Towes, K. (2002), Macromedia Flash Communication Server MX, Macromedia Press.
- Vygotsky, L.S. (1978), Mind in Society: The Development of Higher Psychological Process, Cambridge MA: Harvard University Press.
- Walczowski, L. & Ellis, M. (2007). A Learning Management Portal for E-Learning 2.0: a Teacher ’ s and Developer ’ s Perspective. In G. Richards (Ed.), Proceedings of World Conference on E-Learning inCorporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2007, (pp. 7424-7429). Quebec City, Canada.
- Access Grid (2007), http://www.accessgrid.org/
- Adobe AIR (2008), Adobe Integrated Runtime, http://www.adobe.com/products/air/
- BuddySpace (2007), http://www.buddyspace.org/
- Compendium (2007), http://www.compendiuminstitute.org/
- Meeting and Replay (2007), http://www.memetic-vre.net/software/MeetingReplay/
- Wikipedia (2007), http://en.wikipedia.org/
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. Signed in users can suggest corrections to these mistakes.Suggest Corrections to References
- presentation_3036_27623.pptx (Access with Subscription)